- Mar. 11, 2022 Nippon Steel's TranTixxii and NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation's NSSC220M featured on the roof of an international conference center in Jiangsu, China
- April 22, 2021 Nippon Steel to Launch ZAM®-EX high corrosion resistant coated steel sheets for overseas markets
- Oct. 01, 2020 Our new product "FeLuceTM" (hairline-finished electroplated steel sheet) wins the Good Design Award 2020 ～Our first steel sheet to win the Good Design Award～
- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Characteristics by Category
Leading the world in ultimate light-weighting and collision safety, with comprehensive steel solution for the automotive industry.
The world requires automotive flat steel to be lightweight for fuel efficiency and high in strength for enhanced collision safety. To satisfy these contradicting requirements, NIPPON STEEL not only developed advanced material, such as ultra-high strength steel, but also a global production platform for stable delivery of these products worldwide. In addition, NIPPON STEEL is the leader of the world, in providing comprehensive solutions such as structure design proposals to maximize material performance and production method proposals specifically customized for the customer's facility and technology.
Construction and civil engineering
With superior corrosion resistance and outstanding workability, we realize differentiation and cost reduction of our customer's construction and civil engineering products.
In recent years, there has been a need for construction and civil engineering products to achieve high performance in LCA (Life Cycle Assessment), against a backdrop of deterioration of social infrastructure, major disasters such as earthquakes, and increased frequency of natural disasters attributable to abnormal weather. SuperDyma® meets these needs by having both superior corrosion resistance and outstanding workability, thus achieving differentiation and cost reduction of the customer's construction and civil engineering products. We have also begun manufacturing at overseas joint ventures, and can provide a more closely tailored response to global needs.
Advanced housing construction methods employing steel in structural frames improves energy savings and living comfort.
Our housing system pursues greater safety and comfort. The NS Super Frame SystemTM is an NIPPON STEEL's original housing method in which galvanized steel sheet is applied in the framing of conventional wood 2x4 housing system (wood frame construction). It adopts an optimal structural face material and an exterior thermal insulating and ventilation method. Further, it is high in reproo ng, sound insulation, heating efficiency and durability, thereby realizing energy saving and comfortable living.
With our ability to propose comprehensive solutions to diverse needs, we contribute to world class high efficiency operation and durability.
Steel materials needed in power plants all have extremely high requirements, but by integrating the technologies of the NIPPON STEEL Group, we offer a wide range of steel products capable of withstanding environments with high temperature, pressure, and corrosion, and advanced steel products to contribute to highly efficient power generation. With our ability to propose the optimal solution from our menu of products in response to diverse customer needs, we contribute to world class high-efficiency operation and durability.
Lines of eco-products to meet domestic and international environmental standards. We have a variety of product lines to suit different applications.
We offer a wide range of state-of-the-art steel materials combining the features required by the latest major appliances (e.g., air conditioner outdoor units, refrigerators, washing machines, rice cookers, dishwashers) such as functionality, designability, corrosion resistance, workability, magnetic characteristics, and cost efficiency.
We offer a wide range of state-of-the-art steel materials combining the features required by the latest OA equipment (e.g., copiers, multi-function printers, ordinary printers) such as electric conductivity, scratch resistance, lubrication performance, and eco performance. In addition, we offer a wide range of state-of-the-art steel materials combining the features required by the latest AV equipment and electronic devices (e.g., thin TVs, DVDs, audio equipment, digital cameras) such as electrical conductivity, scratch resistance, lubrication performance, corrosion resistance, whisker resistance, and designability.
Realizing an extensive range of designs and functions through a diverse product lineup with outstanding performance.
We have a broad lineup of steel plates combining the features needed to realize a wealth of designs and functions of steel furniture for offices and fixtures for stores, such as outstanding workability, designability, dimensional accuracy, and surface quality.
Motors and transformers
Electrical steel sheets that reduces electrical loss to meet increasing global expectations.
Recently, minimizing electrical loss has become the global focus because of the stricter regulations for transformers, popularity of EV/HEV cars, and home appliances. Electrical steel sheets are an advanced product that transforms electricity efficiently. Also, the sheets achieve reductions in electrical loss during the stage of power generation, transmission, and consumption. We are continuously improving and developing our technology.
Pursuing steel sheet for containers that is thinner, highly corrosion resistant, and workable to make containers for a wide range of contents.
Recently, there is an increasing need for beverage, food, and industrial containers to be lighter, applicable to diverse contents, and designable. In order to meet the varied customer needs, NIPPON STEEL has thinner products for lighter weight, in addition to a tinplate product lineup that has exceptional strength, workability, and corrosion resistance. We have a system ready to reliably supply these advanced products to serve customers both in Japan and overseas.
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of NIPPON STEEL. We appreciate your understanding.